Provide overall management and direction for the design, permitting, construction and close-out of capital projects in the public and/or private marketplace. Reports to Company Principal.
- Provide overall leadership to project team and foster strong collaboration to achieve best result for owner; manage the client interaction to result in best- in-class performance on project.
- Manage the procurement and contracts for all project stakeholders including designers, contractors, and other service-providers.
- Manage the Compass team including Asstistant Project Manager and Site Manager; work with team to pro-actively address issues before they become problems.
- On public school projects, manage the relationship with the Massachusetts School Building Authority.
- Manage the Total Project Budget including establishment of budget and monthly reporting.
- Establish and manage a Total Project Schedule including monitoring the construction schedule once developed by GC/CM.
- Develop and implement an overall communications plan for project including establishing meeting structure and assuring proper documentation of all meetings and project communications.
- Manage the design phase to assure that all critical deadlines for design and permitting are met in accordance with overall schedule; assure designs meet technical requirements.
- If applicable, manage the establishment of GMP’s or project bids.
- Manage the change order process for projects including recommending approval for change orders.
- Assure timely performance of designer and contractor in accordance with contract requirements.
- Manage procurement and delivery of all non-construction activities including furniture, technology, move-in, and commissioning.
- 7+ years of experience in capital project management or similar experience in design or construction industry with specific experience in all phases of project (design and construction).
- Experience in both public and private sectors preferred although not required.
- Bachelors degree in construction, engineering or architecture preferred although other degrees are welcome with appropriate experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration skills.
- Strong background in Word, Excel, MS Project preferred.
- Additional certifications desired (eg – LEED, CCM).